By Noam Chomsky
Noam Chomsky reviews on terrorism, U.S. overseas coverage, Osama bin weighted down, and the long term implications of America’s army reaction.
Read or Download 9-11 PDF
Best terrorism books
From 1866 to 1876, greater than 3 thousand unfastened African americans and their white allies have been killed in chilly blood by means of terrorist enterprises within the South. through the years this truth wouldn't in basic terms be forgotten, yet a sequence of exculpatory myths could come up to hide the tracks of this orchestrated crusade of atrocity and violence.
In view that September eleven, 2001, the U.S. has been preoccupied by way of the federal function in preparedness opposed to terror assaults, and through how you can supply a short repair via organizational overhauls. Airport safeguard has been federalized, and Congress has licensed a Cabinet-level place of origin defense business enterprise.
Within the final decade the realm has witnessed an increase in women’s participation in terrorism. ladies, Gender, and Terrorism explores women’s courting with terrorism, with a prepared eye at the political, gender, racial, and cultural dynamics of the modern global. all through lots of the 20th century, it used to be infrequent to listen to approximately ladies terrorists.
In a ground-breaking e-book that mixes a novelist's eye with rivettinginvestigative journalism, Bernard-Henri Lévy, one of many world's mostesteemed writers, retraces Pearl's ultimate steps via a murky Islamicunderworld, suffused by means of "an odour of the apocalypse. " The investigationplunges Lévy into his personal middle of darkness – and a chain of stunningrevelations approximately who the true terrorists are.
- The Metaphysics of Terror: The Incoherent System of Contemporary Politics (Political Theory and Contemporary Philosophy)
- Beyond the Law: The Bush Administration's Unlawful Responses in the "War" on Terror
- The Triple Agent: The al-Qaeda Mole who Infiltrated the CIA
- A Military Guide to Terrorism in the Twenty-First Century
- The Rule of Nine (Paul Madriani Novels)
- Seeds of Terror : An Eyewitness Account of Al-Qaeda's Newest Center of Operations in Southeast Asia
Extra resources for 9-11
North of Afghanistan, the states are fragile and violent. Uzbekistan is the most important. It has been condemned by Human Rights Watch for serious atrocities and is fighting its own internal Islamic insurgency. Tajikistan is similar, and is also a major drug-trafficking outlet to Europe, primarily in connection with the Northern Alliance, which controls much of the Afghan-Tajikistan border and has apparently been the major source of drugs since the Taliban virtually eliminated poppy production.
13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20 Abu Nidal Organization (ANO) Abu Sayyaf Group Armed Islamic Group (GIA) Aum Shinrikyo Basque Fatherland and Liberty (ETA Gama's al-Islamiyya (Islamic Group) HAMAS (Islamic Resistance Movement) Harakat ul-Mujahidin (HUM) Hizballah (Party of God) Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU) al-Jihad (Egyptian Islamic Jihad) Kahane Chai (Kach) Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) Mujaheden-e Khalq Organization (MEK) National Liberation Army (ELN) Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) Palestine Liberation Front (PLF) Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) PFLP-General Command (PFLP-GC) 21.
Herman, Political Economy of Human Rights (South End Press, 1979). John Cooley, Unholy Wars: Afghanistan, America and International Terrorism (Pluto, 1999, 2001). , Western State Terrorism (Polity-Blackwell, 1991). Herman, Real Terror Networks (South End Press, 1982). Herman and Chomsky, Manufacturing Consent (Pantheon, 1998, 2001). Herman and Gerry O'Sullivan, The 'Terrorism' Industry (1998, 2001). , 1987). Michael McClintock, Instruments of Statecraft (Pantheon, 1992). Paul Wilkinson, Terrorism and the Liberal State (NYU Press, 1986).
9-11 by Noam Chomsky